18th January 2022
We hope everyone has had a great start to the week. With the ongoing changes to COVID rules we thought it might be useful for a reminder of key points and links to guidance:
· If your child has coronavirus symptoms, they should self-isolate immediately. If they are over 5 they should also get a test. Coronavirus symptoms are:
o a new continuous cough
o a high temperature
o loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
· If your child gets a positive lateral flow test result, they should self-isolate immediately and follow the self isolation guidance.
· Self-isolation is for at least 7 full days.
· If either of the LFTs taken on day 6 or day 7 is positive, your child should remain in self-isolation until 2 negative LFTs or after day 10 whichever is sooner.
· If your child still has a high temperature after 7 full days, even if the LFT is negative, they should continue to self-isolate until their temperature has returned to normal.
· Please inform the school straightaway if your child has symptoms or tests positive, thank you.
· If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you should follow the Guidance for close contacts https://gov.wales/contact-tracing-if-you-are-identified-close-contact.
· If you are a fully vaccinated adult or aged between 5 and 17 you do not need to self-isolate if identified as a close contact but you are strongly advised to take a LFT every day
· If you are not fully vaccinated, you are legally required to self-isolate as a close contact.
· The school expects all parents to wear face coverings and observe distance at all times during drop-off and pick-up times.
· NEW: Please note that the arrangement with TTP is now that schools will send an ‘inform’ letter to parents, should there be someone with a positive result in their child’s class. This will NOT identify the person who has tested positive. If there is more than one case, parents will receive a ‘warn and inform’ letter.
Thank you for your help in keeping our community safe.